If you want to list your car as a used cars for sale in Dubai, there are two mainstream approaches to doing this. First, you can either sell your car to any dealership in the market or privately advertise and sell your car. Before jumping into the matter of selling your used car in the UAE, you need to know many nitty-gritty details.
Here in this blog, you will get details about selling your car like a pro, either to a dealership or a private party.
Facts to know before selling your car in Dubai
Residents willing to buy used cars in Dubai are huge numbers as a vehicle is more necessary in today’s life. So, for those who are thinking of upgrading their vehicle and selling their old car, here are significant factors you need to sort out before exchanging money:
- Clear Fines and Other Dues: Any fine, like a parking ticket, speeding ticket, or anything else, should be paid off before listing your car for sale in the market. As no customer is responsible for your previous fine, they would refuse to clear these dues, and sometimes they won’t buy it either.
- Car Loans: If you have purchased your car on a lease, you need to clear the loan installments before you sell it. If you fail to clear a car loan, the RTA won’t allow you to transfer the car ownership to the new owner. However, there are also rare cases where the bank loan allows the transfer of ownership to the new buyer through the Power of Attorney.
- Vehicle Insurance: Your car insurance in your name should be canceled and transferred to the new owner. Always remember that transferring insurance ownership is possible only if your car has at least 7-months or more remaining in the current insurance plan. However, if you are not willing to transfer the insurance ownership, you can simply cancel the policy and request a refund of the remaining amount.
- Clean Your Car Properly: Before presenting your used car for sale in Dubai to the buyer, it is essential to service and clean your vehicle correctly.
How to Sell Your Used Car through a Private Sale in Dubai?
There are various ways people sell their used cars in Dubai, but the most popular way to sell a car in Dubai is to cut the middle man, the dealer, and directly transfer ownership to the customers.
However, selling your used car privately is a bit of a hectic task. You will be responsible for everything from answering potential customers to organizing vehicle transfer documentation in this process.
You can take help from free online marketplaces where you get access to millions of used car buyers and help you sell your car quickly for a good price. This method is quite beneficial as it enables you to sell your vehicle privately without the hassle and pay dealers’ commissions.
Here are the significant pros and cons of selling your car privately in Dubai:
- All the amount from the sale goes into your pocket.
- You can directly demand and get the price you want
- No additional costs and commissions are charged.
- You have to manage and organize everything yourself.
- It can be annoying to deal with too many prospects at the same time.
- If you have a car only and it is the primary mode of your transport, then it can be difficult as you’ve to be without a car for some time.
How to Sell Your Car to a Dealership in Dubai?
The second method to sell your car in Dubai is to trade it to a dealership. Most dealers in the market present you with this offer, except a few don’t buy used cars in Dubai from personal sellers. Most of the residents prefer to sell their used cars to dealers as they have put less time and effort into advertising their vehicles for sale.
- Selling your car to a dealer only takes up to a few hours, and you have just to meet a single person.
- You don’t need to be carless for a long time if the dealer has your desired car for sale in stock.
- If you find any paperwork or documentation difficulty, car dealers have experts to help you in this process.
- Not every dealer offers cash on the spot; many don’t even deal with cars immediately. So there are chances of selling your vehicle on a consignment basis.
- There are chances that dealers may not offer high prices, as they trade in cars, so they prefer to buy vehicles at cheaper rates and sell on high notes.
Important Tips for Selling Used Cars in Dubai
Selling cars can be a challenging task for new sellers. With guidance, you can find the appropriate way to make a decision and get a good amount in exchange for your car:
- In the UAE, day by day, frauds and scams are increasing exceptionally. When anyone goes to buy used cars in Dubai, they must take on this matter. So, to be safe from these scams, it is advised never to accept personal cheques as payment for your vehicle.
- Make sure to provide your passport, transfer form, copy of the driving license, registration documents, and latest insurance certificate to the RTA for finalizing the car owner transferring process. Being an authentic car seller, you should have a copy of the receipt showing that all traffic fines and dues are clear.
Wrapping it up
If you were planning to put your used car for sale in Dubai, then this article would be the most informative piece to make the process easy and quick. The activity of selling and buy used cars in Dubai has become very popular since cars have become a basic necessity of life. Therefore, it is always recommended by experts to take the help of a trusted dealer or authentic online websites only.